A workshop for twin hoop dance beginners
Dancing with doubles, or twin hoops, is a workshop which helps develop the skills and strength for free body movement while spinning two hoops.
Requirements: beginner waist hoop skills and spinning a hoop on your hand.
To Bring: a blindfold and 2 double hoops if you have them.
This is for people who have decided that since one hoop is awesome, 2 must be better right? This will cover all the basics of double hooping, including on and off body skills.
The general purpose and flow is as follows:
- blindfold guided meditation focusing on the momentum and weight of the hoops
- arm and hand positioning, moving hoops up and down the arms
- planes and keeping the hoops parallel
- changing directions, forward and back spinning
- intro to anti-spins and flowers, depending on skill levels
- grip versus spinning on hands
- 2 beat weave
- on body waist and hands
- intro to splitting hoops on body
- at least one transition from on-body to off-body
- one or two fun tricks
- 10 min play/dance time and individual questions