Fire-Dancing-Safety-Information (PDF download)
Getting the most out of this amazing performance style!
Fire dancing is a great way to add sparkle to any occasion! We take safety very seriously and come equipped and prepared. Here are our recommendations and requirements to keep every event safe and secure.
Outdoor Fire Performance
- A minimum performance space of 12 feet by 12 feet (~3.5 meters) for one fire performer.
- Outdoor fire performances can be on your stage, or we can set up our own area on grass or pavement.
- If the stage has a cover it should be at least 12 feet high, and be mindful of blowing fabric or flags that might enter into the area.
Indoor Fire Performance
- 12X12 feet minimum floor space
- Minimum ceiling height of 12 feet and reasonable ventilation in the room.
- Hardwood or tile flooring is preferable to carpet.
- A room or relatively secure space where we can prepare and store our extra tools during the performance.
What We Provide
- A paid, trained fire safety assistant on hand for the entire show
- Insured performers (3 000, 0000 liability)
- Extra insurance certificate for your venue on request
- Fire blankets and wet towels for extinguishing props on cue
- Fire extinguisher
- Properly stored fuel
- Smokeless fuel blend for sensitive smoke alarms
Some fire props require more space than others, so, for instance, if you have a smaller venue, we might recommend you have fire poi for a performance, instead of a fire hoop. Contact us for more details and for a list of props we use.
We will arrive one hour prior to performance time to check in and ensure everything goes smoothly. We look forward to dancing for you!